- Hassan Mwakinyo Vs Brendon Denes Title Clash Headlines Rumble in Dar 2 Live on Plus TV/FITE TV May 28th
Hassan Mwakinyo Vs Brendon Denes Title Clash Headlines Rumble in Dar 2 Live on Plus TV/FITE TV May 28thHot
For Immediate Release
Tuesday 11th May 2021
Tanzania’s World Boxing Federation (WBF) Intercontinental Super Welterweight Champion Hassan Mwakinyo (18-2-0) will be back in Championship action in front of a home crowd on the 28th May 2021, when he faces Zimbabwe’s unbeaten Brendon Dene 8-0-0 for the WBC Africa (African Boxing Union) title at the Next Door Arena in Dar es Salaam on the Global Boxing Stars, The Jackson Group and Epic Sports & Entertainment co-promoted Rumble In Dar Second Edition.
Back in 2018 Mwakinyo shocked the boxing world when he sensationally stopped Great Britain’s highly ranked Sam Eggington in just one minute of the second round on the undercard of the Amir Khan vs Samuel Vargas at the Arena Birmingham.
Mwakinyo’s victory over Eggington made the headlines across the world, as the British fighter was was the reigning IBO Continental Champion. Despite the loss Eggington went on to become crowned the IBF World Champion the following year.
Since that sensational victory over Eggington Mwakinyo has won six times, four of these wins coming by way of stoppage, and secured Championship honours; The Universal Boxing Union (UBU) International, following a second round stoppage of fellow Tanzanian Joseph Sinkala and more recently the World Boxing Federation (WBF) Intercontinental crown, with a unanimous points decision over Democratic Republic of Congo’s Bebe Rico Tshibangu.
In November 2020 Mwakinyo successfully defended his WBF crown against Jose Carlos Paz, stopping the Argentinian in four rounds.
“Hassan, has so much potential and is probably one of the biggest secrets In the super welterweight division.
“He destroyed Sam Eggerton in the UK, and should have been a lot more highly rated after that fight. It’s now Hassan’s time and I’m excited to be promoting such a world class talent from Tanzania” said Scott Patrick Farrell, CEO Global Boxing Stars.
Rumble in Dar 2, headlined by Tanzania’s Hassan Mwakinyo (18-2-0) versus Zimbabwe’s Brendon Denes (8-0-0) for the World Boxing Council (WBC) African Boxing Union Super Welterweight Championship.
The co-main event features Nigeria’s Olanrewaju Durodola (34-8-0) versus Tanzania’s Shaban Jongo (8-1-2) for the World Boxing Council (WBC) Africa Boxing Union Cruiserweight Championship.
The stellar undercard features closely matched international fights:
- 8 Round Heavyweight Contest: Switzerland based Kenyan Collins Omondi (5-0-0) versus Zimbabwe’s Elvis Moyo (9-6-2)
- 6 Round Heavyweight Contest: Ukraine’s Ihor Shavadzutskyi (5-0-0) versus Uganda’s Shafik Kiwanuka (3-0-0)
- 8 Round Lightweight Contest: Tanzania’s Ibrahim Class (25-6-0) versus TBA
- 8 Round Super Welterweight Contest: Bulgaria’s Yosif Panov (18-3-0) versus Tanzania’s Nicolaus Mdoe (10-5-1)
- 4 Round Heavyweight Contest: Bulgaria’s Pencho Tsevtkov (4-0-0) versus Zimbabwe’s Simon Madhanire (1-2-1)
- 8 Round Super Welterweight Contest: Zambia’s Lolita Muzeya (16-0-0) versus TBA
- 4 Round Lightweight Contest: Bulgaria’s Joana Nwamerue (3-0-0) versus Zimbabwe’s Netsai Vaina Bondayi (2-3-1)
- 6 Round Heavyweight Contest: South Africa’s Ardi Ndembo (2-0-0) versus Malawi’s Alick Gogodo (4-5-0)
The second edition of the Rumble in Dar series, in association with the Tanzania Tourist Board #VisitTanzania, KCB Bank, Onomo Hotels, Urban Soul Apparel (Botswana) and M Bet, takes place at the Next Door Arena on Friday 28th May 2021 and will be broadcast live across Sub-Saharan Africa exclusively by Plus TV, which is available exclusively on DSTV channel number 294 in more than 30 African countries as well as syndicated globally to linear and digital channels (check local channel listings) and on-line on FITE.
For further information or interview requests please contact:
CEO - The Jackson Group
Tel: +255 (0) 758 594 899
Scott Patrick Farrell
CEO - Global Boxing Stars
Tel: (+267) 7451 7443
For Broadcast Distribution/Syndication please contact:
Head of Broadcasting
Go Sports & Entertainment Limited
Tel: (UK) +44 (0)7721 785778