Canelo Alvarez vs Gennadiy Golovkin 3
Date: Sep 17, 2022
Venue / Location: T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV, US
Division: Super Middleweight
Broadcast: DAZN PPV
Titles: Undisputed / RING Magazine Super Middleweight Champion Status (Alvarez defending)
Fan Reaction on Twitter
Canelo vs GGG 3 Facts & Stats
- Unbeaten? Some would say Gennadiy Golovkin is unbeaten, insisting he deserved to win his draw and subsequent loss to Canelo
- Still No. 1: Despite losing to light heavyweight belt holder Dmitry Bivol in May 2022, Canelo is still considered BoxRec’s top pound-for-pound boxer. He is No. 6 in RING’s list.
- Odds: Per Gaming Today and as of May 24, Canelo is the favorite at -410 while GGG is a +320 underdog
- Ages: Canelo is 32; GGG is 40. Some believe the latter has slipped since the pair last fought in 2018
- Height/Reach: Golovkin is about 2 1/2 inches taller and the reach difference is negligible (roughly 70 inches)
- Top Ranked: Canelo and GGG are rated No.1 in the super middleweight and middleweight divisions respectively by BoxRec
Tale of the Tape
Oddsmakers aren’t expecting the third fight to be quite as close as the first two. Canelo vs GGG 3 odds as of June 19:
Source: Fan Duel via Oddschecker
As of today (Jun 19) a successful $100 bet on Canelo would net $ 25.64. The same winning wager on GGG would net $290.
DAZN monthly subscription: $19.99 in the U.S., $20 in Canada, £7.99 in the U.K.
DAZN annual subscription: $99.99 in the U.S., $150 in Canada
Tags: canelo alvarez, canelo vs ggg 3, fights, gennadiy golovkin