Wednesday, 29 November 2017 23:12
Shortest fight ever? (Video)Written by Lee Cleveland
Jimmy Thunder KO 1 Crawford Grimsley at 0:13 in round 1 of 10
March 18, 1997
IMA Sports Arena, Flint, Michigan, USA
Broadcast: USA Tuesday Night Fights
Referee: Monte Oswald
Thunder 231½ lbs, Grimsley 233 lbs
Was this bout the shortest fight ever?
Thunder vs Grimsley Facts & Stats
- Jimmy Thunder (31-7) vs Crawford Grimsley (20-1)
- Both fighters attempted to land first as Grimsley threw a jab immediately after the bell rang. However, Thunder countered with a hard right hand that sent the former to the canvas.
- Not only did Grimsley fail to beat the count, he appeared very disoriented when medical staff tended to him after the fight was halted, even trying to fight them as he lay on the canvas.
- The bout lasted just 13 seconds (including the 10 count) and is considered among one of the fastest knockouts in professional boxing history.
- The result was shocking considering Grimsley had gone the full 12 rounds in his loss to George Foreman four months prior.
Published in Tidbits